Radiant skin is characterised by qualities like tone, texture and smoothness – unfortunately everyday life along with prolonged sun exposure can accelerate the visible signs of ageing.
North Western Vascular is pleased to be able to offer patients genuine Laser Genesis treatment with the Cutera Excel V+.
What is Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis is a breakthrough non-ablative laser treatment that stimulates the skin’s natural processes to diminish the signs of ageing and sun damage while promoting a vibrant health looking complexion.
Laser Genesis uses micro-pulses of laser energy to target and penetrate the deep layers of the skin (it combines heating of the microvasculature with gentle heating of the dermis). This stimulates the body’s own processes to activate collagen remodelling which improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sun spots.
Laser Genesis can use up to 10,000 pulses in a treatment session to signal the skin to repair itself as it tricks the skin into thinking there is damage occurring. Skin cells begin to awaken and produce collage to repair.
Skin becomes stronger due to the collagen induction improving the texture of the skin and the appearance of fine lines. Laser Genesis helps to promote a rejuvenated healthy glow.
Treatment is suitable for the face, neck and chest area reducing the visible signs of ageing and sun damage.
What are the benefits of Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis is a great treatment for anyone who would like to experience younger, healthier looking skin without the use of injectables. Treatments can visibly improve
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles
- Enlarged pores
- Dull and uneven skin tone
- Mild facial redness
- Overall skin quality
Following treatment the skin appears stronger and rejuvenated. Multiple treatments are recommended for long term improvement. One treatment is also suitable for anyone looking for that extra glow for a special occasion
What to expect from treatment?
Treatment sessions are quick and gentle. You will experience a general warming of the skin’s surface and mild redness post treatment which settles quickly
There is no downtime following Laser Genesis and you can return to your regular activities straight after treatment.
What to do before treatment
If you are looking to receive Laser Genesis treatment, you will need to follow the below tips:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
After Treatment Care
Laser genesis is considered a very low risk procedure with minimal side effects, however we recommend that patients follow these post care tips:
- AVOID sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage after treatment.
- Bruising, redness, and swelling may occur and resolve with time.
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment
- Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Multiple treatments are required
- Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.
Laser Genesis is considered a very low risk procedure with minimal or no side effects other than slight redness immediately after treatment which will resolve within a few hours.
Contact the team at North Western Vascular for more information or to book your treatment!